Polar Bear LapBook FREEBIE!

Friends~I was just welcomed into the world of LapBooks by my teamie Mrs. Thompson!  That women is a foldable genius!  I am so excited to show you what she helped me create today!  We took my Polar Bear Unit and turned it into a LapBook.  Really, we shrunk pages, folded them, cut them and glued them into this beautiful assessment tool!  I am so excited to see my students put this baby together using all that they have learned about Polar Bears!  

Click the HERE  to grab a FREE copy of my Lapbook!  



I am so excited!  My kiddos will be filling in a CAN HAVE ARE Chart and coloring in a map showing where the Polar Bears Live.  They will create a Venn Diagram on the back and also write child friendly definitions for vocabulary words.   They will create a flip book of what Polar Bears eat and make a diagram of their skin and blubber.  All the while, I will be doing Then Blubber Glove Experiment with small groups.  They will then record their learning from the experiment in the center of their LabBook. 

Holy Moly!  I am HOOKED!  I can't wait to get these grooving with my kiddos on Saturday.  Yes, I said Saturday!  We have a make up day due to our NO Snow Day last Friday.  At lease I know that there will be lots of good learning going on in room 331!
I'm off to make a grading rubric for this LapBook!  
If you download please leave a comment:)  




Classroom Freebies Manic Monday
You can check out more of my Polar Bear Fun by clicking the image below!  Be sure to download the preview.  It will give you a video tutorial all about the file.  

Photobucket

5 comments

  1. Isn't it amazing how excited we can get when we try something new? I put our same boring social studies information together in a lapbook and nearly squealed with excitement at how it all fit together beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can fill your excitement through the screen! One of my favorite experiments is the Blubber Glove! I marvel at the results! Thanks for sharing...snow much icy fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great timing! We just started our Polar Animal unit this week. Thanks so much, I can't wait to give this a try. I can't believe you are going to school on Saturday. What a wonderful day you have planned for your children. Enjoy.
    Maria
    First Grade Carousel

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was pretty cute, could have used more instructions from the inside, but I was able to figure most of it out from the picture. This was my first lapbook project. I think it was a great one to start with! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have come to school on a Saturday just for all of the fun! Thanks for the great freebie!

    Andrea
    Reading Toward the Stars

    ReplyDelete

Extra, extra tell Mrs. Schroeder about it!